Thursday 24 September 2009

The Know Hope Roadshow

A tweet from A4e says: *In Scarbro' yesterday, one man told us how A4e had changed his life and one woman who had been in f/t work 12 months had bought 1st house."
I asked a contact in Hull to look in on the roadshow there today, and he has sent me the following email:
"They had a van in Victoria Square, an old Volkswagen camper van painted in the Know Hope branding. They weren't giving out leaflets, as far as I could see, they just wanted to engage people in conversation. They had two cameras set up on tripods - not sure why, but they seemed to be getting people to wear a Know Hope t-shirt and be photographed in it. The A4e logo was around, on the back of the van and on the team's jumpers, but it wasn't prominent. I would say that they are pushing the Know Hope branding, with A4e very much secondary. I didn't go up and talk to them, sorry. I don't look like a potential client so I didn't know what to say."
It certainly looks like they are trying to start FND as a new brand. Will it work?

2 comments:

  1. Recruiting for the church of Know Hope, "Brother, Sisters, listem to my tale". "I was unemployed and homeless in Scarborough, then one day I saw a Volkswagon camper and I knew there was hope!
    Thanks to the good brothers and sisters of Know Hope I now work 22 hours a week at Poundland, have a home and every Sunday I attend the Church Of Know Hope and give thanks to Saint Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "one woman who had been in f/t work 12 months had bought 1st house." A she either had a very well paid job, or bought a very low price house. or both..where had she been living b4 that, council housing, or renting, or with parents..

    i dont think you could buy a house with only 12 months employment history add to that the financial insecurity, seems wrong..or the spin is back

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, please. No abusive comments will be approved, so don't indulge in insults. If you wish to contact me, post a comment beginning with "not for publication".